Yellowfin Tuna – Loin Cut
$58.00 ($29.00 / lb) - Appr. 2 lb(s)
Out of stock
Our Yellowfin Tuna is #1 sushi grade quality. When it comes to sushi-grade tuna, freshness is key. That is why we prepare your order the day it ships out of our facility.
To grade the Yellowfin, we use a Sashibo. The Sashibo is a Japanese-made metal probe that removes a thin core from the fish. When grading we assess the color, fat content, and texture of the fish; if it doesn’t meet our high standards, we send it back.
Full-flavored and steak like, Yellowfin is perfect served as:
- Lightly seared on the grill or broiler
Yellowfin Tuna are in high demand when sold as “#1 Grade” quality. When landed in Hawaii, this tuna is called “Ahi” – literally “fire” in Hawaiian, probably a reference to its flashing appearance in the water with its vibrant yellow coloring.
Available as a 2 Lb Loin Cut Avg. Skin-Off. Fresh, never frozen. Sushi-grade
For best practices on the storage and care of fresh seafood click here.
Quick Yellowfin Tuna Facts
- Species: Yellowfin Tuna (Thunnus albacares)
- Catch Region: International Waters; Gulf of Mexico (preferred) Hawaii (preferred)
- Seasonality: Year-round
- Catch Method: Purse seine, hook & line (preferred)
- Yield (Fillet Percentage): 75%
- Flavor Profile: Mild
- Texture Profile: Firm, moist, large flakes
- Substitute: Swordfish, Yellowfin Tuna, Kampachi, Hamachi
Shipping and Handling (FAQ)
We prepare and pack your order the day it ships to ensure maximum freshness and quality.
We ship all perishables via priority overnight delivery. Place your order before 2 pm. est. and we can ship your order the same day!