Swordfish Loin Cut
$65.00 ($32.50 / lb) - Appr. 2 lb(s)
Out of stock
The Swordfish is among the most difficult fish in the sea to catch and one of the tastiest. Found all over the world, we prefer to purchase those fish landed fresh off the Eastern Seaboard of the U.S. in the Summer and Fall.
Never frozen, we only purchase fresh whole sword ranging from 100 to 400 pounds and butcher them in-house. The freshness ensures the quality of our Swordfish Loin Cut.
Our Swordfish Loin Cuts are firm, moist & flavorful. Unforgettable when grilled (but be sure to cook swordfish quickly to retain moisture). Swordfish is also traditionally prepared baked or broiled.
- Species: Swordfish (Xiphias gladius)
- Harvest Region: Canada/Domestic
- Seasonality: June – December
- Catch Method: Wild, Longline, Harpoon
- Yield (Fillet Percentage): 78%
- Flavor Profile: Sweet & Moist
- Texture Profile: Meaty Texture
- Substitute: Maine Bluefin Tuna, Atlantic Halibut, Kampachi
Available as 2 Lb Loin Cut Increments, Skin On. Wild Caught US & International Waters.
If you are wondering what the best practices are for the storage of fresh & frozen seafood check out our blog article on the subject by clicking here.
If you are interested in learning more about where and how we source our wild fresh seafood click here & check out our blog!