North Atlantic Salmon – Side
$75.00 ($18.75 / lb)
The North Atlantic Salmon is a silver-skinned fish with distinct black spots over the body, head and above the lateral line, with bright orange or pinkish-orange flesh.
They have a mild, delicate flavor, and the meat is moderately firm with a large moist flake. It is light, with a soft, smooth and buttery texture. Due to their natural oil content, these fish are ideal when grilled or broiled, and can be poached and even smoked.
Our North Atlantic Salmon are farm raised to the highest possible standards. Every stage of the salmon’s life cycle is carefully monitored in order to ensure their pristine quality & taste.
- Species: Atlantic Salmon (Salmo salar)
- Harvest Region: Canada
- Seasonality: Year-round
- Harvest Method: Farmed
- Yield (Fillet Percentage): 72%
- Flavor Profile: Mild, Delicate
- Texture Profile: Moderately Firm, Oily, Most Flakes
- Substitute: Sea Trout, Ora King Salmon, Arctic Char
One 4-pound average skin-on side
If you are wondering what the best practices are for the storage of fresh & frozen seafood check out our blog article on the subject by clicking here.
Check out our link below which explains how to prepare & fillet a round fish. This step by step guide has been provided by award-winning food writer, cookbook author, photographer, and cooking teacher James Peterson.
* Between December 16th and December 30th, all orders must be placed before NOON Eastern time. Thank you for your flexibility!