Maine Cod – Fillet
$75.00 ($18.75 / lb) - Appr. 4 lb(s)
Large stocks of cod in the Northeast were part of the lure of the first American settlers. Eating Codfish Fillet remains a tradition in New England to this day and a true classic of our regional cooking.
Ours are landed at our local Portland, Maine Fish Auction or nearby in Gloucester, Massachusetts. We also source from Icelandic waters as necessary.
The white flesh which separates into large flakes is excellent when baked, broiled, fried, sauteed and a frequent main ingredient in seafood chowders. Wild Caught.
- Species: Atlantic Codfish (Gadus morhua)
- Catch Region: Gulf of Maine
- Seasonality: Year-round
- Catch Method: Line (preferred), Gillet Net
- Yield (Fillet Percentage): 50%
- Flavor Profile: Mild, sweet, clean
- Texture Profile: Large, tender flakes
- Substitute: Haddock, Sablefish (Black Cod), Halibut
If you are wondering what the best practices are for the storage of fresh & frozen seafood check out our blog article on the subject by clicking here.
Available as One Skin-Off Fillet Cut. 3-4 Lbs Avg.