Maine Cod – Fillet
$78.00 ($19.50 / lb) - Appr. 4 lb(s)
Not only is cod versatile and delicious, it also has historical significance. The first settlers in New England survived on the fresh cod stock in the Atlantic, so much so that Massachusetts made cod its state fish.
Browne receives wild cod from the local Portland Fish Auction or nearby in Gloucester, Massachusetts.
The white flesh that separates into large flakes is most excellent baked, broiled, fried, sauteed, or cooked in seafood chowders.
- Species: Atlantic Codfish (Gadus morhua)
- Catch Region: Gulf of Maine
- Seasonality: Year-round
- Catch Method: Line (preferred), Gillet Net
- Yield (Fillet Percentage): 50%
- Flavor Profile: Mild, sweet, clean
- Texture Profile: Large, tender flakes
- Substitute: Haddock, Sablefish (Black Cod), Halibut
If you are wondering what the best practices are for the storage of fresh & frozen seafood check out our blog article on the subject by clicking here.
Available as One Skin-Off Fillet Cut. 3-4 Lbs Avg.
Shipping and Handling (FAQ)
We prepare and pack your order the day it ships to ensure maximum freshness and quality.
We ship all perishables via priority overnight delivery. Place your order before 11:00 AM. est. and we can ship your order the same day!